Okay, so I went a little bag crazy... I just started sewing and before I knew it, I had FIVE NEW BAGS! But for good reason...I wanted to replace the grimy old diaper bag I've been lugging around for over two years (never washed it once - ew!).
Finally, FINALLY, I did it. Ta Da!
Bag No. 1: Mama Bag
This may look like your average over-the-shoulder bag, but I had picky list of requirements for this thing.
1. I want it "sling pack" style, able to carry it across the chest, but didn't want it to hang any lower than the small of my back.
2. The strap needs to be W I D E in order to distribute the weight evenly over my shoulder bones, which are currently recovering from the diaper bag's mean ol' skinny strap.
3. The inside pockets must neatly accommodate my necessities: Burt's Bees, lip gloss, note pad, pen and phone.
4. It has to look awesome, in a not-trying-too-hard-to-look-awesome sort of way. Not too much to ask of a bag, eh?
5. It must must must be washable. I promise I'll wash this one...well, I'll try.
*The fabric is a heavy canvas I picked up from IKEA in ATL this summer, lined with a salmony-coral solid from my local fabric store.
Well, Mama Bag has been designed, sewn, photographed and blogged...Baby Bags to follow.