Friday, August 22, 2008

Charming Little Birthday




















I wasn't looking forward to this birthday...new town, a teething baby, and John Jay was at orientation all day. But it turned out to be quite lovely! On Birthday Eve, John Jay gave me a giant cupcake from Whole Foods...mmmmm. Then another at six the next morning with, um, a birthday candle(?) on top of an elegantly wrapped gift (see picture below). After a nice walk, Judah took me on a date to The Gardens for a picnic. When we got home, I had flowers from the McIntires, and Anne surprised me with a subscription to one of my favorite magazines! After leftovers for dinner, (no cooking on your birthday!) three more cupcakes and ice-cream followed. Although two of those cupcakes are hanging out in my freezer - even I have limits. Birthday kisses were given by both my boys, then Judah fell asleep on my shoulder on the way to bed, something he rarely does. It was a beautiful day.











































2 comments:

Danielle Dee said...

when i first saw that cupcake i was like "dangg John Jay did good! all by himself!" haha... then i read the rest... he DID do good... with a little help from whole foods.. :) i am so excited for your family's new adventure in Durham!

Danielle Dee said...

p.s. oh yeah....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...