This is what my hubby requested for Birthday 2009.
And for all you frosting freaks out there like me, the recipe makes that perfectly abundant amount. There was even enough for me to lick the beaters...a few times.
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 cups oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups grated raw carrots
1 stick margarine
8 oz. cream cheese
1.4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 lb. confectioners sugar
omitted on behalf of the birthday boy: 1 cup chopped pecans
• preheat oven to 350˚
• grease and lightly flour two round cake pans
• mix dry ingredients, add oil and mix well
• add eggs 1 at a time, mix well after each
• mix in vanilla
• stir in carrots
• pour into pans and bake 25-35 minutes
• cool completely before frosting...seriously.