Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Zoës Coleslaw

In a few weeks the 3 of us will be leaving for our family vacation to Destin. John Jay's family has a cute little cottage that's walking distance to the beach! We are just another couple on the long list of newlyweds who have honeymooned there over the years. One of our favorite places to visit is Zoës Kitchen. They make the best slaw! I tried to recreate it and this is what I came up with:

-bagged shredded cabbage (coleslaw mix)
-feta cheese
-chopped green onion
-pepper
-Newman's Own Tuscan Italian Dressing

You all know I'm not good with measurements. Just mix it up until it looks tasty. Although, I would advise you to go easy on the feta and onion - too much makes it pretty stout. I'm sure it would be better to make your own dressing, but Paul just makes it so easy to use his.
It's good with baked or grilled chicken cut up in it. Don't take your dinner cue's from the picture, though. My food critic of a husband thought the carrots didn't pair well with the slaw and chicken. He suggested...you guessed it...bread.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited and you reminded me - we found that we also have a Zoe's in Nashville... right near the Cheesecake Factory, Pei Wei's, and Whole Foods... all of this foodie's favorites! YEA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...