Friday, May 23, 2008

Mama's Spinach Pasta















I'm horrible at naming my dishes. When John Jay asked me what this was I said, "Um, creamy...chicken and spinach....stuff." He said I needed to work on that. So, "Mama's spinach pasta!" sounds more appetizing, I suppose. This first attempt had chicken, but we just acquired a very large bag of peeled crawfish that I'll be using next time.
I basically turned my mom's spinach dip recipe into a baked pasta dish. Here's what you need:

a large bag of fresh spinach
green onion (3-5)
minced garlic
grated Parmesan (1/4 cup?)
4 0z. cream cheese (light works fine)
approx 4-5 oz. sour cream (light works fine)
salt and pepper

10 oz. whole wheat linguine
one can of mushrooms
2 cups cooked chicken
grated Parmesan

•Cook the pasta (according to package directions).
•Chop the spinach and green onion and mix the first seven ingredients. Cook for about 2-3 minutes in microwave, stirring every 45 seconds or so.
•Drain noodles and stir in spinach mixture, mushrooms and chicken. Pour into casserole dish and top with Parmesan. Bake at 350˚ for 25-30 minutes.

1 comment:

Manda said...

Ooo this looks yummy! i might have to try it for my new hubby, well in a couple weeks he will be!

You're crafty, you'd probably do well on Etsy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...