Monday, May 12, 2008

My Ear-rangs (you have to say it like that)




















My original intent was to just shorten the long blue-green ones (on the chain). These have been hanging in my closet for a while in the "what were you thinking" section. John Jay pointed out that they rested on my collar bone (as a joke) so I figured it was time to re-do them. But before I even started on those, I saw those sparkling little crystals staring at me...begging me to turn them into earrings. So I played for a while and this is what I came up with. Fortunately, John Jay was home to watch Judah since I get tunnel vision. I love making jewelry - especially wrapping the wire. I don't know why that's so satisfying, but it is. It ranks right up there with watching the presser foot eat fabric, coloring with a red crayon, and using bright blue paint on a fresh canvas.
You can see them better in these first photos, but I had to include the one with the nosy polar bear.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...