Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day! (clever title, eh?)




My mom asked me to paint this for her a few years ago. She wanted something peaceful and serene with the verse "come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Okay, I'm now realizing how lame this looks...me just reminding her of gifts I've given in the past! But I'm going somewhere, I promise...

My parents are moving to Nashville, pretty much as I write. So for this Mother's Day I told her I would paint any thing she wanted in the new house - within reason. No Sistine Ceiling replicas. For Mrs. Gina, we gave her a mounted 8x10 of this:



















The way to her heart is definitely through pictures...well, and monogrammed napkins.
It's so great making things for parents and in-laws. No matter what it looks like, they love it. It's like being in kindergarten again!
Happy Mother's Day Mom and Mrs. Gina! We love you!!!!

I must return to my Mother's Day cake. I woke up this morning to an entire carrot cake from our local bakery. It has nuts on it...so it really is all mine!!!! My hubby knows me so well.
Oh yeah...to see a casual, candid shot of me in motherly action, go here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

john jay, corrie, and judah, thank you so much for my picture. pictures bring so much joy to my heart. i figured since i can not see my family everyday, i can at least look at them throughout the house when I want to. we look forward to seeing you guys for graduation. we love you

mimi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...