Saturday, May 31, 2008

Meet Tom

I'm trying to grow tomato plants from seeds. Key word: trying. A few months back my dad helped me re-pot the seedlings. It was touch-and-go there for a while and I thought Tom was a goner. This deathbed picture was taken to show dad what he already knew: I am a murderer of anything green.



















But lo and behold, he's alive!!! The poor guy has been dehydrated (several times), knocked off the steps by my bear of a husband, and relocated twice. I know I need to plant him in the ground, but the people who cut our grass just mow down everything in sight! Maybe I'll make him a little flag or banner or something to keep the mowers away. I'm hoping he lives long enough to bear some green tomatoes for frying.




















Oh, and of course my long term goal is this:



















That's one inspiring mustache. Did you think I meant the tomato?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...