Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Patio Chair Makeover

My goal was to have our cute little back patio outfitted with furniture by the time fall weather hit. Since we're in Texas now, and still reaching into the upper 80's, I'm assuming that time is now? I don't know, it doesn't feel very "fall" to me, but I'll take it over 110˚.
Anyhow, I spotted this set of vintage metal patio chairs and table at a garage sale for $5!!! All they needed was a coat of spray paint. (I thought).
That job fell on my husband, who said they first needed sanding. He did a great job, and I'm glad he was in charge of that part of the project since I would probably have rust-eaten chairs already by now if it were up to me.
Spray paint colors are limited, but we picked green for the chairs, and yellow for the table. I wish now that I would've done them all the same color, but the husband quickly informed me that he was done with spray paint for a while, and I don't want a green table bad enough to do it myself.
I'm just ready to put my lazy bum in those chairs and enjoy the balmy fall Texas weather!

Before:After:Hard at work (and doing tricks):

3 comments:

Faith said...

I think the yellow table is sweet! Those colors look great with the brick in the background.

Dara M. said...

Your chairs look awesome! And the yellow table is adorable. You got an awesome deal on those chairs and table, since they are vintage, I think they are pretty expensive. Good thing for hubby's that are willing to sand. My Hubby sanded our new table and chairs for a new paint job we did as well.

Unknown said...

what a fun colour!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...