Sunday, July 18, 2010

Budding Little Artist

For my husband's birthday last month, Judah made him a giant masterpiece of a painting. I supplied the background wash, and he did the rest.


































While he was working I couldn't resist painting a little something myself. So we did a flower for Ruthie's room. Yep, that's her name! Offically "Corrie Ruth Alvaro." But Judah is quick to correct you if you call her anything other than "Ruthie".
Judah helped me with the flower - splatting some red on there that I then arranged to somewhat resemble a bloom. He is already such a sweet big brother. I'm not sure who's more anxious for her arrival, us or him! Let's hope the excitement doesn't fade once we bring her home and he realizes she can't go back. :)


2 comments:

Lora said...

so cute! i've been following your shop/blog for awhile now, but have never said hi. thanks for all your inspiration. you are so talented!
my little girl's name is ruth, too. she goes by ruth and ruthie. congratulations!! you're going to love having a girl (i've got three boys and one girl. we're also expecting baby #5 in november.)
lora

Corrie said...

thanks for your sweet words lora! and a big congrats on baby #5! WOW! i don't know how you do it!
all the best to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...