As some of you may have noticed, I usually photograph images for the shop wearing a simple white sundress. My dad said it looks like an old nightshirt...haha! I however, like the consistency and the simplicity that allows you to focus on just the product. Well, since I'm getting bigger by the minute, I needed to come up with a plan for my "model" photos. That sweet little dress won't even go over my head in a few more weeks! I thought about just finding new clothes that fit as I got bigger, but let's be honest, how I look is not top on the list of my thoughts these days. It's hard enough to find comfy clothes just to go to the grocery store! If I have to do this every time I want to list a new product, the shop will dwindle down to nothingness.
Soooooo, that led me to these charming fabric hangers. I was so excited about this project. Blame those yo-yo hormones for my enthusiasm if you want, but these have solved my dilemma! Not to mention they were a breeze to make. I've included the DIY instructions because they would make such sweet bridal, birthday or Mother's Day gifts!
*The sweet pink hanger (above) is wearing my new Blue Sky Necklace, just listed today!
What you will need:
• a pack of plastic hangers without hooks - my photo has hooks, so ignore that
• a stack of fun fabrics
• masking tape (not pictured)
What you will do:• Cut your fabric into long 1"-1.5" strips. Leave the edges raw and a little frayed. Don't worry about being perfectly straight with these - it won't matter.
• Start anywhere on the hanger and tape the piece down to get yourself started.
• Continue wrapping tightly until you run out of fabric. Tape it down and start up again, always disguising the tape from the previous strip.
• When you get back around to where you started, tie your fabric off in a knot or bow and trim to desired length. You can add a little lace or ribbon to this spot for a little shabby knot/bow if you wish.
♥ THE END ♥
Stay tuned for another fabric wrapped project in the near future. I may have gotten a little carried away. :)