Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Boutonnieres

Even after my correspondence with the bride, I still need spell check on that one.
b-o-u-t-o-n-n-i-e-r-e-s
An old friend of mind from Ruston days is tying the knot this summer in New Orleans(!) and commissioned me to create something for her groom and groomsmen. Those four bouts quickly turned into fifteen (to include mothers, grandmothers, hostesses, etc). She requested something fun and interesting...anything but a red rose and baby's breath. And gave me some suggestions for materials. I had the freedom to play around with felt, feathers, vintage buttons, etc. and create whatever came to mind - a rare situation in the custom order world!
I did brooch/pin backs on them, so that (unlike cut flowers) you can keep them and use them again and again.
See more photos here.












Congrats Erin! And thanks again for the opportunity.

1 comment:

TilliEllie said...

Oooo! I love these - the feathers are a fabulous touch.

xoxoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...