We recently had a few things to celebrate, which is always our excuse for rich gooey desserts...
"Yeah! 100 sales!" - Eat a cupcake.
"Yeah! Finals are over!" - Eat a cupcake and ice cream.
"Yeah! It's Tuesday again!" - Eat warm chocolaty cookies.
"We've been married 6 years!" - Make a cobbler.
I combined several cobbler recipes and came to this conclusion:
• Mix 1 cup sugar, a pinch of cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and 2 1/2 cups berries and let sit for about 20 minutesTop with ice cream, for extra celebration. There's always a reason.
• Melt a stick of butter in 8x8 glass casserole dish
• Mix: 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 cup whole milk
• Pour into melted butter and spread evenly
• Eat a few sugar berries, then dump them on top
• Bake at 375˚ for 55(ish) minutes