Monday, October 6, 2008

Russian Tea

Nothing ushers in October better than Russian Tea. My Nana and mom have been making this for years. It was a Fall/Winter staple in our house and I can't wait to see if Judah likes it as much as we do! I might be rushing it a little since it's still in the mid 70's outside. But I just couldn't wait any longer.
I LOVE FALL!









Russian Tea:


- 64 oz. tea
- 64 oz. orange juice
- 24 oz. pineapple juice
- 2 cups sugar (I only use 3/4 c....maybe 1 cup, and it's sweet enough for us)
- about 10-12 whole cloves
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 large or 2 small lemons, thinly sliced

• Mix all together in a large pot and stir until sugar is dissolved.
• Bring to simmering over medium heat, then reduce to medium low and continue simmering for 25-30 minutes. (don't let it go too long or it will taste bitter)
• Cool; Store in refrigerator (with spices and lemon)
• Heat to serve.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

see, you make point and shoot cameras fun.

Corrie said...

do i win a senior shoot?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...